Welocalize, Inc., founded in 1997, offers innovative translation and localization solutions helping global brands to grow and reach audiences around the world in more than 157 languages. Our solutions include global localization management, translation, supply chain management, people sourcing, language services and automation tools including MT, testing and staffing solutions and enterprise translation management technologies. With over 600 employees worldwide, Welocalize maintains offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan and China.
The Linguist takes on quality control tasks, on-demand translation tasks and translation-related tasks on a major account for assigned projects; coordinates the activities of a group of translators (internal and/or freelancers), trains and develops freelancers, and ensures that the work is performed at a satisfactorily high standard within the specified deadlines and quality level; ensures that the Language Process is being followed by the project team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performing quality control tasks on assigned projects (EN > DE)
• Performing on-demand translation tasks (EN > DE)
• Performing other translation-related linguistic tasks
• Coordinating jobs within a defined team
• Coordinating the review tasks of assigned accounts
• Preparing, managing and maintaining the language materials (including glossaries, Style Guides, work instruction) up to the quality standards and up to date as required by the account or project
• Implementing quality procedures within the account/project and responsible for overall account language quality
• Interacting with clients on linguistic matters as required
• Ensuring good interaction among team members and resolving questions on terminology and language matters
• Managing project-related queries
• Coordinating a team of internal/external translators on assigned accounts
• Mentoring and coaching of assigned internal linguists
• Testing and qualifying of new freelancers and vendors as required
• Developing and training new and existing freelancers according to the accounts’ and Welocalize’s needs
• Participating in the development of new and improved working processes
• Achieving the goals set by the Language Team Manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
• University degree in Translation/Applied Languages and related experience as a translator and/or reviewer of 3 – 5 years
• Fluent in German (native level), both written and spoken, fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Experienced as a translator in marketing translations, documentation, UI/UX
• Excellent knowledge of terminology in the following subject matters: mobile apps, IT consumer products, entertainment
• Thorough understanding of the localization process. Excellent user experience with standard software, such as Windows and Office applications, and standard CAT tools (e.g. SDL Studio). Ability to learn new localization tools and applications quickly. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work with tight deadlines. Ability to give clear, concise and constructive feedback. Ability to coordinate internal and external translators. Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, linguists
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.